Friday, November 21, 2008

Gmail Security Flaw?

MakeUseOf.com, one of my favorite blog, was recently hacked. Their domain name was stolen by a hacker whom they believe to have found a security flaw in Gmail, and gain access to their domain from there. This is what Aibek, the guy behind MakeUseOf.com, wrote:
"The hacker did access my Gmail account and set up some filters there that eventually helped him to get access to our GoDaddy account. What I didn’t know is how he managed to do that. Was it a security hole in Gmail? Or was it a keylogger on my PC? I wasn’t sure about it. After the incident I scanned my system with a number of malware removals and didn’t find anything. I also went through every running process as well. All semed to be clean.

So, I am inclined to believe the problem was with Gmail."

Check out the full post from Aibek here: BREAKING: New Gmail Security Flaw. More Domains Get Stolen!

Gmail is my favorite email service. Although I don't own a popular domain like Aibek do, I certainly hope all my private emails are secure with Gmail. Hopefully the Gmail team from Google will look into this and fix the security flaw as soon as possible!

No comments: